Follower Freebie!

Wow, we are finally into the third quarter and I've still been super busy. I've added a lot of Journeys resources for 1st and 2nd grade but haven't had a chance to write about any of them. If you are interested you can view them here.

What I DID want to write about today is what we are currently learning about in science. I'm having a blast teaching my students about plants and gardens. We have planted seeds, looked at roots, seen colored water travel up the stem of a plant, and looked inside a bean to see the plant parts.

This week we are learning about a garden helper...earthworms! We read An Earthworm's Life by John Himmelman yesterday and wrote what earthworms can, have, and are. Today I had a cup of cooked and cooled spaghetti noodles (hidden in a paper bag, of course) for the students to feel. Their reactions were priceless...but about half of them figured out that it was really noodles. Tomorrow we will be reading The Diary of a Worm by Doreen Cronin. This brings me to the reason for my post...your freebie!




My students are already familiar with Venn Diagrams and some have even used them to answer open ended questions where they had to compare and contrast two things. If you would like to download this freebie you can find it here.

Comments

Popular Posts